Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Atlanta Trip

At the beginning of March, Hubs and I went to Atlanta to get our condo ready to sell. I hadn't been back since we moved to Savannah 2.5 years ago! It was SO good to go back and see old friends and familiar places. 

This was Mark's bachelor pad and then became our first home. Many memories here! From law school, dating, engaged (Mark asked me to marry him at the condo!), on and on.


It was in good shape, just needing some updating. A little mini facelift. 





New paint throughout, new kitchen hood and backsplash, new lighting, and a deep clean got it market ready. Hooray. After 4 days on the market, we were under contract. If all goes as planned, we are closing at the end of April. I'm happy and sad. Nostalgic I guess is the term. 






We also made time to head up to Roswell to visit our old neighborhood and neighbors. It was so odd seeing our old house. Nothing had really changed except some of the landscaping. I miss that house every single day that passes! Wish I could have taken it with me to Savannah along with all of our neighborhood friends. 





We hit all of our old stomping grounds. Jersey Mike's in Brookhaven, Verde on Dresden, Flying Biscuit, and a few other old haunts. 

We met up with friends Tyler and Jimmy and ate at the Optimist one night, best restaurant in Atlanta!
We also got to meet up with our friends Jennie and Jarad. It had been TOOOOO long! We ate at the new (to us) South City Kitchen location in Buckhead. SO Good. We about shut the restaurant down that night chatting and enjoying ourselves. I miss these people!!!







Standing in the spot he proposed :) Sigh. Love you, babe! We both got a little emotional leaving the condo for the last time. 



I have MISSED this girl!!!!!



Obviously, I am glad we live near family again, but there will always be a special place in my heart for Atlanta. A truly wonderful and diverse city. We love you, ATL.