Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Week In New England

Hubs and I just got back from our week long excursion to the New England area. All a first for me, and so much fun! We had a wedding in Rhode Island, so we decided to make a fun long trip out of it (thanks to some amazing grandparents that kept the girls!). Since Hubs travels so much for work, we were able to fly Delta first class and stay at different Hilton properties on points and sky miles! That saved us a ton of money obviously, so we were able to enjoy ourselves big time.

First stop- Boston.

Boston is AHHHH MAZing. I would go back in a minute. There is so much to see and do, we couldn't cram it all into the two days we were in town. We stayed at the Ames Boston Hotel which was really nice. Kind of a modern boutique style hotel, really great location. You could see the old state house and Boston Massacre site out of room's window.







We walked around town, went on a Duck Tour (I highly recommend!), and did some of the Freedom Trail. The highlight of the Boston trip was Thursday's Red Sox game at Fenway Park. My first time to Fenway. It was unreal! Such a cool experience. If you get a chance to go, you won't be disappointed. I felt like I was walking back in time. Before the game we grabbed drinks and food at Cask N Flagon. This sounds odd, but I had the best quesadilla of my life there!







I got to see some old Gamecocks play :)







After the game, we went back to our hotel's side of town and walked around the harbor a while. Beautiful.






The next day we took the train up to Rhode Island to a place called Kingstown which is where the wedding took place. Our friend Marie's older sister Kelly got married. This past year we have grown closer to the Riley Family. It is comforting to be around them. It's easy to see Marie's personality and mannerisms in her parents and in her siblings. It's nice to be with people that knew and loved her so much. Marie was definitely smiling down on the weekend's celebrations.

Rhode Island is very pretty. Everything is so lush and green, flowers and gardens EVERYWHERE. It was like a magazine. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner, my first time learning to crack open an entire lobster. (Lobstaaaah). Delicious!








Saturday the wedding was at 2:00. The ceremony and reception were beautiful as was the bride. The food was the best wedding food I think I've had in my life. ( This seems to be a theme, but the food on this trip. Omg. ) Lobster rolls, tuna, steak, salmon, fried feta and corn bites, Arnold Palmers (Ahnald Palmaaaaahs)... on and on... I definitely gained 10 pounds in a week. Worth it!













The final leg of our trip we went to Martha's Vineyard via the Fast Ferry. It was COLD! I mean, "cold" for a southern girl. Not cold to them obviously because there were people laying out on the beach. I was wearing jeans and a scarf! The ferry ride was about 90 minutes long from Quonset Point to Oak Bluffs. We walked around the marina, had lunch (lobstaaaah rolls) and drinks, and then checked into our hotel.





We stayed at Summercamp. It was adorable, and right on the water so the view was incredible. The decor was definitely my style. Turquoise, navy, coral, yellow, oh my. So fun!













We ventured out to see the different sites around the island. We took a bus over to Jaws bridge. I didn't realize Jaws was filmed on Martha's Vineyard, but of course once we discovered that we had to check out the bridge. Here's Hubs standing where Chief Brody ran down yelling "Get out of the water!!!!! Shark is going to the pond! Get out of the water!!!!" I wish we had had time to go into Edgartown to explore other Jaws sites, but we only stayed one night on MV.




We ate at 20 by Nine that night in Oak Bluffs. Again, AMAZING food. We crashed by 11:00 that night. The next day it was COLD again and raining. Blah. It was also windy, so windy that the Fast Ferry was CANCELLED. Not a good thing when you are on an island.... We were diverted to the steamship ferry an hour later. That meant we had to take a two hour bus ride from Wood Hole back to Quonset Point, which sucked. But we made the most of it. Luckily we didn't miss our flight in Providence, and made it back to Savannah as planned. Shoo! We were exhausted.



It was the best time, but boy was it good to see my babies yesterday!!!!