Thursday, March 29, 2018

Powder Room

Our powder room is done! Well, done for this budget anyways. :) We are dealing with the stomach bug/flu/ general nastiness here. Fitting I'd be sharing a bathroom this week?!

Let's just jump right in.

BEFORE:







AFTER:


Hardwood floors, walls painted SW Gray Matters


Ceiling painted SW Mountain Air , Existing light fixture painted black 


Swapped out the oval mirror for this one from Ballard Designs 


artwork by Ann Sweeney and myself, plates from World Market


Towels from World Market, art by me







Basket hung on the wall using nails, it houses our toilet paper and extra towels (also at a height our oldest toddler can reach to dry her hands!)


My favorite part of this room is this art by my oldest daughter. I LOVE IT! She's so creative. I gave her a canvas and got out all of her art supplies: markers, chalk, crayons, watercolor, colored pencils, dry erase, etc etc. She had a ball creating the different layers and patterns. She says it is her and her daddy swimming in Lake Murray. I just love it!!

I helped her add some gold around the edges using rub and buff (and gloves, don't worry!) 


Can you see it? That's Daddy.


That's Evans swimming.





And that's it! Pray our little family gets well soon! Poor Mae Mae is still feeling puny.